- Cracks, marks and stains leave the biggest negative impression on prospective buyers during a viewing, with a 76% turn-off rate.
- This is according to Sell House Fast who surveyed 1,266 people who have been to several viewings over the last year.
- 71% of prospective buyers said they would be dissatisfied by bathroom fixtures not functioning and 66% are unhappy when they see exposed wires.
- Other factors leaving a negative impact on viewers include extensive mould, broken or missing handles, damaged kitchen cabinets and stained and torn carpets.
- So what can sellers do? 73% of estate agents suggest thoroughly cleaning household appliances ahead of viewings and 68% suggest making the garden as presentable as possible.
Posted on September 16, 2019